Who is Marilyn McEwen?
Well, after 6 years of photography courses, I formed my own company in 1989, and since then I have devoted much of my time to the pursuit of excellence in photography, first in Vancouver, and from 1997 here on the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
- Certificate in Visual Arts in 1994 from Vancouver Community College
- Teacher of photography courses at Focal Point and Langara College in Vancouver 1994 – 1997
- Editor and Art Director for national Camera Canada Magazine for 2 years
- Awarded an Associateship in the National Association for Photographic Art in 1996 for significant service to Canadian photography.
Associations & accolades
- Member of PPABC (Professional Photographers Association of BC) and PPOC (Professional Photographers of Canada) in good standing since 2001
- Judge of many photographic competitions at the regional, provincial and national levels
- Guest speaker at numerous photographic conferences over the past 15 years
West Coast experience – Tofino & Ucluelet
- Wedding photographer since 1997
- Event photographer for Pacific Rim National Park, B.C. Housing, Telus
- Westerly News editor/photographer1998-2003
- West Coast photographer for the Vancouver Sun & Province newspapers, National Post, Western Investor
- Teacher of photography workshops 1997 – present